Day 4 of these daily posts (only 2 more to go).
Looking back at the pictures of the week-end we did for the past two years in Scotland, and so grateful that we choose this country and make it home.
Why do we love Scotland so much ? After planning to stay for 4 years, why are we still there after 10 ?
- the nature: it amazed us how wild and beautiful this country is, and after all these years we are still not tired of it. The variety of landscape is a gift we know how to appreciate: from the highlands to the islands you can’t help being caught up in the drama and light on the hills and Loch. It is a photographer’s dream. And don’t forget that Scotland has some of the most beautiful beaches of the planet.
- the people: Edinburgh is home and the kindness of the Scots is definitely one of the main reason for it (+ we love love love the accent).
- where we live: beautiful human scale capital, where we feel safe, where we can do everything by foot or bike: 30 min cycle on one side and we are on a beach ; 30 min on the other side and we are on the hills – where we feel not stressed (like we do in London or Paris).
- we come back to family after 1h30 plane journey and 1h30 train – even if we were living in south of France we would not beat that.
- should we talk about the weather ? You get used to it 😉 – in Edinburgh it is not that bad actually, it is rarely raining all day, and we have blue sky at least once a day. (to be honest we are only missing being warm).
- they have deep fried mars bar, sticky toffee pudding & haggis
- and finally, Scotland’s Highland Coos are the cutest.
Bellow the latest selection of pictures we took the past 2 years during week ends.
If you want to discover Scotland through our lenses – there are some other albums:
I did not do Deer Stalking ! I was Yves Gellie assistant on one of his trip to Scotland for his deer stalking project. I had to go there with an open mind as it is something I am very not confortable with and kind of despised. I discovered the job of being Ghillies/ pony boys. These guys love their land with big harts and are very respectful of nature. One of their role is to make sure that the ‘stalker’ (the rich person paying to kill the dear) will only kill an old and sick animal. They are protecting the estate and its wildlife.