Designer @ Edinburgh Genome Foundry
Edinburgh, Scotland 2016
This is the list of my contributions between November 2015 and September 2016, under Joe Lachoff (Senior Principal User Experience Designer) supervision.
– Designed a range of colour palettes & design for SBOLs symbol
– Proposed a range of designs for the circular view of a plasmid
– Proposed a range of designs for the block view based on Joe’s UX requirements
– Initial proposals for the inspector and a circular navigation
– Design of the sequence detail (exploration of different solution, new features and development of the design with specifications)
– Proposed a design for the home page with the cookie banner. I used pictures of the glass dominoes I made as a physical interface for synthetic biologists to design DNA.
– Research with scientists to design the templates and combinatorial design (determine the methods, which filters are needed…)
– Work in collaboration with Joe on the design of the templates and inspector for template. e.g. : I designed the UX and UI of the relation between the block view and the sequence detail when using templates
– Designed a scroll bar for the sequence viewer
– Proposed UI and UX of new features for the colour palette